Keep on reading if you would like to know What exactly causes acne breakouts in different areas of the face?
What causes acne
Acne forms when the openings of hair follicles become clogged and blocked with sebum(oil) and dead skin cells – (yuck! I know.) when the clogged pore becomes infected with bacteria, it then becomes your new roommate (a pimple).
Forehead: Forehead acne is very common. Breakouts can appear in the form of whiteheads, blackheads, pimples, cysts & nodules. Stress, poor hygiene, hair products, makeup and skin irritation can all make forehead acne worse.
Cheeks: Acne on the cheeks is also quite common. I’d recommend regularly cleaning your phone (many don’t realize how much bacteria ends up on our phones!) and changing your pillowcase very often to help minimize breakouts.
Nose: The nose is a bit more prone to breakouts because the pores in this location tend to be larger than elsewhere, where sebum(oil) can trap dead skin cells and bacteria. Digestive troubles, hormone changes and hair removal/excessive nose blowing can also be underlying factors in breakouts on the nose.
Chin: Pimples on the chin are very common. They are typically the result of changes in hormones. This is particularly the case for females and teenagers.
Jawline: Jawline breakouts are commonly associated with hormonal fluctuations, especially in women. Men can also experience jawline breakouts from using old razors while shaving.
Now that you know:
What exactly causes acne
Let’s talk about how to:
HOW DO I PREVENT ACNE?
Acne can be prevented (reduce the frequency of new breakouts by doing the following:
- Keep your skin clear by doing small things every day like double cleansing 2x per day (morning and night).
- Make sure you’re using the right products for your skin type and goals
- Never skip moisturizing your skin.
- Not using a toner and/or scrub daily. Only use them 1x per week.
- Never sleep with makeup on.
- Drinking half of your body weight in ounces of water.
HOW DO I CLEAR UP ACNE FAST?
You can always start over. Bad times and ill feelings will pass. What you focus on expands. A master was once a beginner. Always seek opportunities from failure. See every obstacle in life as a teacher and a catalyst for growth.
- Join the 21 day clear skin challenge for all the tools and resources you need for clear, smooth, and even skin
- Order your home care kit to help you clear that unwanted acne, post acne scarring (brown spots), and ingrown hairs in the chin area.
- Book an in-depth new client consultation with Esther The Esthetician